MailBee IMAP4

AfterLogic Forum : MailBee IMAP4
Subject Topic: mailbee.PHP on Linux server Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
bhgoh

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 13 January 2008 at 5:43am | IP Logged Quote bhgoh

I have installation of MailbeePro PHP version in a Linux server running QMAIL mailserver which hosts multiple domain names.
The experience I have is as follows:

1) For heavy IMAP users with lots of emails, the MB's response is simply unacceptably slow. I benchmark it against SquirrelMail and arrive at this conclusion. Even within the same LAN network, the response is still too sluggish.
2) You can "drag-n-drop" mails into the subfolders on teh left pane, but later you find that you actually have lost the mail and the program hangs.
3) The drop-down window for folders does not have a scroll bar, and so you cant see more than 25 subfolders in the drop-down list.

Anyone who has similiar experience as I do?
Back to Top View bhgoh's Profile Search for other posts by bhgoh

oleg
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 7:36am | IP Logged Quote oleg

Quote:

1) For heavy IMAP users with lots of emails, the MB's response is simply unacceptably slow. I benchmark it against SquirrelMail and arrive at this conclusion. Even within the same LAN network, the response is still too sluggish.

2) You can "drag-n-drop" mails into the subfolders on the left pane, but later you find that you actually have lost the mail and the program hangs.

To speedup investigation of this issue, could you please enable logging in WebMail Administration Console / Debug Settings / Enable logging, reproduce the issue, and provide us with the log file for examination.

Make this logging procedure for both cases: for IMAP4 time-outs (1) investigation and for the case with lost mails (2).

For both cases, please clear the log prior to reproducing the issues.

It would also be helpful if you provide us with a test account on your mail server, which would allow us to reproduce the problem. In general case, we need the following data:

- Web URL of your WebMail Pro installation.
- IMAP/POP3/SMTP mail server name or IP
- email address/login/password of the test mailbox account
- FTP access with write permission, pointing to this installation.

Please make sure that your firewall settings won't prevent us from connecting to your IMAP/WEB/FTP server from outside, and send such info using our Request Support Form.

Quote:

3) The drop-down window for folders does not have a scroll bar, and so you cant see more than 25 subfolders in the drop-down list.

Thank you for the bug report. This will be fixed in the next version.

We're looking forward to your reply.

--
Best regards,
Oleg, MailBee Support
Back to Top View oleg's Profile Search for other posts by oleg Visit oleg's Homepage

bhgoh

Posted: 15 January 2008 at 4:51am | IP Logged Quote bhgoh

I have had extensive email exchanges with Andrew last month and had already created a test account for him. I had just sent the details by email to you
Back to Top View bhgoh's Profile Search for other posts by bhgoh

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 15 January 2008 at 8:16am | IP Logged Quote Alex

Thank you. Andrew is out of office for a while but we have recovered all the conversation history and already answered you via email.

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version