AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: WebMail Pro and Mailbee Objects Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
sbparker31

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:02am | IP Logged Quote sbparker31

Hello,
I am currently using WebMail Pro in my .NET application so that I have a nice email module. However, I need some additional functionality so that emails can be sent programmatically from other parts of the application, without having to go back to the WebMail UI in the Iframe. I have modified some of the WebMail Pro code to send emails "behind the scenes" but I am having trouble with things such as attachments, and saving email history in the database. I am thinking I probably need to get Mailbee Objects to do this. First, do I still need Webmail Pro for the UI? And second, do the Mailbee Objects and WebMail pro "play nice" together?

Thanks,
Steve
Back to Top View sbparker31's Profile Search for other posts by sbparker31

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 1:40am | IP Logged Quote Igor

ASP.NET version of WebMail Pro actually uses MailBee.NET Objects as a core, the assembly is called MailApi.dll there and found in /bin directory.

As long as this is about extending functionality of WebMail (which seems to be the case according to your description), you can use MailBee.NET Objects at no additional cost. You're not allowed to use it in other projects, however, that requires a separate license.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

Economist

Posted: 02 August 2022 at 11:57pm | IP Logged Quote Economist

After modifying some of the WebMail Pro code to send emails "behind the scenes," the attachments and the database storage of email history are not working. My best guess is that I'll need Mailbee Objects to accomplish this. Is Webmail Pro still required for the UI? In the second place, how well do Mailbee Objects and WebMail pro get along?
Back to Top View Economist's Profile Search for other posts by Economist Visit Economist's Homepage

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 03 August 2022 at 12:09am | IP Logged Quote Igor

I understand you're referring to WebMail Pro ASP.NET, correct? That one still uses MailBee.NET Objects internally - but not MailBee Objects, that one's ActiveX product. MailBee.NET.dll library is shipped with the product and is found under bin directory. As long as you use it as a part of WebMail Pro functionality, no separate licensing needed. But you can also create your own email application, using either MailBee.NET Objects or MailBee Objects (ActiveX) .

Note that free support is only about standard use of our unmodified products. If you require assistance with the source code modification, that can be arranged in terms of Professional Services contract, let us know if you're interested.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version