AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Attachment viewing in print.php Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
steve

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 19 September 2008 at 2:16pm | IP Logged Quote steve

I知 integrating your Webmail Pro into our existing system and have a question regarding the print.php script. I知 using that script to show to our users an email from the database (outside of WebMail痴 interface). I notice that this script doesn稚 show a list of the attachments. I知 wondering how that could be included as our users would like to see a list of attachments. The second item would be to be able to provide a link on that attachment to view the attachment (as you would if you were viewing the email in WebMail).

I知 also wondering why you save the attachment to the file system prior to viewing and then download the attachment from the file system. Could you not just grab the attachment content from the awm_message_body table and send it to the browser window forcing a attachment download thus not having to create an attachment in the file system? Just my 2 cents worth.
Back to Top View steve's Profile Search for other posts by steve

Andrew
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 22 September 2008 at 3:29am | IP Logged Quote Andrew

Quote:
I知 integrating your Webmail Pro into our existing system and have a question regarding the print.php script. I知 using that script to show to our users an email from the database (outside of WebMail痴 interface). I notice that this script doesn稚 show a list of the attachments. I知 wondering how that could be included as our users would like to see a list of attachments. The second item would be to be able to provide a link on that attachment to view the attachment (as you would if you were viewing the email in WebMail).

This feature will become available in upcoming WebMail Pro 4.3. It will be released in a month or so.

Quote:
I知 also wondering why you save the attachment to the file system prior to viewing and then download the attachment from the file system. Could you not just grab the attachment content from the awm_message_body table and send it to the browser window forcing a attachment download thus not having to create an attachment in the file system? Just my 2 cents worth.

Thank you for the note. Of course, this makes sense and we'll consider it in subsequent releases of the product.

Best regards,
Andrew
Back to Top View Andrew's Profile Search for other posts by Andrew

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version