AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Lite
Subject Topic: Installation Error - Access denied Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
jpoirierlavoie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 24 June 2019 at 6:30am | IP Logged Quote jpoirierlavoie

Hello,

When installing webmail lite 8 following the instructions here: 'https://afterlogic.com/docs/webmail-lite-8/installation/installing-on-debian-ubuntu-linux'

At the step: 'apt install afterlogic-lite', the installation fails and throws the following error message:

Setting up afterlogic-lite (8.3.2) ...
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'wm8afterlogic'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /usr/share/afterlogic/system/Db/Pdo/MySql.php:180
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/share/afterlogic/system/Db/Pdo/MySql.php(180): PDO->__construct('mysql:dbname=wm...', 'wm8afterlogic', 'AqeIEgxv', Array)
#1 /usr/share/afterlogic/system/Db/Storage.php(109): Aurora\System\Db\Pdo\MySql->Connect()
#2 /usr/share/afterlogic/system/Db/Storage.php(182): Aurora\System\Db\Storage->Connect()
#3 /usr/share/afterlogic/system/Managers/Db/Storage.php(62): Aurora\System\Db\Storage->Execute('CREATE TABLE IF...')
#4 /usr/share/afterlogic/system/Managers/Db.php(43): Aurora\System\Managers\Db\Storage->executeSqlFile('/usr/share/afte...')
#5 /usr/share/afterlogic/system/Managers/Eav.php(404): Aurora\System\Managers\Db->executeSqlFile('/usr/share/afte...')
#6 /usr/share/afterlogic/modules/Core/Module.php(1621): Aurora\System\Managers\Eav->createTablesFromFile()
#7 [internal function]: Aurora\Modules\Core\Module->CreateTab in /usr/share/afterlogic/system/Module/AbstractModule.php on line 848
Job for apache2.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status apache2.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
dpkg: error processing package afterlogic-lite (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
afterlogic-lite
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I am operating a Bitnami LAMP stack, with an Owncloud and Wordpress module running on top. This Afterlogic installation would have been for integration with OwnCloud.

Any ideas how to overcome or troubleshoot the permission issue?
Back to Top View jpoirierlavoie's Profile Search for other posts by jpoirierlavoie

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 24 June 2019 at 6:34am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Hello,

Which Linux distribution are you running that on? Also, please confirm you have /etc/mysql/debian.cnf with MySQL credentials supplied there. Not sure why it's root account used there, do you have that one in the file?

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

jpoirierlavoie

Posted: 24 June 2019 at 6:35am | IP Logged Quote jpoirierlavoie

Now that I think about it, the database was created during the launch of the bitnami stack (including its password). I wasn't asked to provide a db password during the installation.

Anyone know which file I can edit to provide afterlogic with the db pass?
Back to Top View jpoirierlavoie's Profile Search for other posts by jpoirierlavoie

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 24 June 2019 at 6:39am | IP Logged Quote Igor

It's not designed for that kind of use, and it will install the entire set of web components including Apache and MySQL - while I believe Bitnami stack install those separately. I'd suggest using a standard package available here, instead. With it, you can configure the package the way you require, with custom MySQL connection details, etc.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

jpoirierlavoie

Posted: 24 June 2019 at 6:39am | IP Logged Quote jpoirierlavoie

I'm running Debian 9. /etc/mysql/debian.cnf is created but there are no credentials supplied there. The other applications (bitnami stacks) operate without issue.

As for the root, the sudo command would be rejected by the system when following the Afterlogic instructions (something I have not seen happen before). I had to sudo su to execute.

Igor wrote:
Hello,

Which Linux distribution are you running that on? Also, please confirm you have /etc/mysql/debian.cnf with MySQL credentials supplied there. Not sure why it's root account used there, do you have that one in the file?

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support

jpoirierlavoie

Posted: 24 June 2019 at 6:41am | IP Logged Quote jpoirierlavoie

Thanks Igor,

I'll try that method instead.

Thanks for your time.

Igor wrote:
It's not designed for that kind of use, and it will install the entire set of web components including Apache and MySQL - while I believe Bitnami stack install those separately. I'd suggest using a standard package available here, instead. With it, you can configure the package the way you require, with custom MySQL connection details, etc.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version