AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Lite 7
Subject Topic: AfterLogic WebMail Lite 7.7.9 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
afterlogicUser

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 03 November 2019 at 4:23pm | IP Logged Quote afterlogicUser

I am using AfterLogic WebMail Lite 7.7.9 on Plesk
1. I want to which tables are used for email in MySQL database. Is there a way to view them via SQL
2. Even if user deletes email, they are not deleted from server and can be recovered
3. Best way to keep backup of emails, in case there is an issue and steps to restore a backup if needed

Thanks
Back to Top View afterlogicUser's Profile Search for other posts by afterlogicUser

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 04 November 2019 at 12:26am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
1. I want to which tables are used for email in MySQL database. Is there a way to view them via SQL

Log into admin interface, you'll find the database name under Database Settings screen, then you can check it using PhpMyAdmin or any other MySQL management tool.

Quote:
2. Even if user deletes email, they are not deleted from server and can be recovered
3. Best way to keep backup of emails, in case there is an issue and steps to restore a backup if needed

WebMail Lite works with email messages directly on server over IMAP protocol, so if you delete mails from email account (and empty Trash) they're gone permanently.

V7 is no longer supported. You can get v8 package for Plesk here.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

afterlogicUser

Posted: 11 November 2019 at 8:04am | IP Logged Quote afterlogicUser

Thanks Igor.
1. I was able to go to MySQl database, but when tables nothing was in there even though I had sent and receive emails. Can you help with a query which I can run to see those

2. Is there a way to keep back up as admin, so even if the individual user deletes email, admin has it. If I upgrade from V7 to V8, will it affect existing emails in each individual mailbox?

Thanks
Back to Top View afterlogicUser's Profile Search for other posts by afterlogicUser

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 12 November 2019 at 1:29am | IP Logged Quote Igor

I'm not sure what you're looking for, WebMail doesn't store email messages in the database, it handles them directly on mail server. For the same reason, if email message gets deleted by user and removed from Trash folder, it's gone for good. Upgrading the product version doesn't affect the mail account content either.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version