MailBee.NET POP3

AfterLogic Forum : MailBee.NET POP3
Subject Topic: MailBee.NET.dll affecting in-house code Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
david@pfl

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 14 February 2011 at 8:32am | IP Logged Quote david@pfl

I have been successfully using MailBee.NET.dll version 6.6.2.245, placed in the Bin folder of my web site. When I use the new version 6.7.2.268, several of my Visual Basic web pages that do not reference the MailBee library are no longer working. They return this error: [variable] is not accessible in this context because it is 'Friend'.

This happens where our code is not explicitly declaring a variable before using it. Without the existence of the MailBee DLL, or with the earlier version, these undeclared variables were being implicitly declared. Now, with the newer version of the MailBee DLL in place, the Visual Basic compiler seems to think I am trying to use a variable from a wider scope; if I change the name of the variable, the compiler accepts it as a unique local variable and implicitly declares it.

Granted, our code should be written with explicit declarations and we can fix that. But somehow the existence of the MailBee DLL seems to be changing the compile options for the entire web site. Also granted, this doesn't seem like a MailBee problem; IIS should not allow a DLL to override compile options for the entire web site in which it is placed. I am not particularly expecting a solution from MailBee, but I am wondering whether you or anyone else has any insight into what is going on here.
Back to Top View david@pfl's Profile Search for other posts by david@pfl

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 15 February 2011 at 2:06am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Looks like there was a problem with signing the DLL, try an updated one
and let us know if this resolves the issue. Thank you!

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

david@pfl

Posted: 15 February 2011 at 7:21am | IP Logged Quote david@pfl

Works great, thank you. I still think there must be a bug in IIS for this to be allowed to happen, but I guess I don't need to worry about that for now.
Back to Top View david@pfl's Profile Search for other posts by david@pfl

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version