AfterLogic WebMail Lite

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Lite
Subject Topic: Configuration Concerns Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
wegiii

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 07 March 2024 at 4:57pm | IP Logged Quote wegiii

I am currently hosting Afterlogic WebMail Lite PHP, version: 9.7.4.build3-build-o3. This is hosted via a docker container, via docker compose file. It is successfully running & available at a sub domain name. For example: afterlogic.tld.com

I also host Nextcloud this way. It is running and available at a domain name. For example: tld.com

I would like to purchase and use Afterlogic WebMail Pro, as I believe it will be better than the other options available to me in Nextcloud. I have a couple of concerns before I purchase, and I am hoping you can help resolve them for me.

Concerns:

1 - Persistent Volumes.
Currently my docker compose config file looks like this:   
volumes:   
     - /var/www/html/data

I would like it to look like this:   
volumes:   
     - $DOCKERDIR/afterlogic/data:/var/www/html/data

While the current configuration works, I would prefer to mount the Afterlogic data consistent with my docker setup. Whenever I mount the volume this way, Afterlogic no longer loads the admin panel. Please see error from docker logs below.

"NOTICE: PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function connection() on null in /var/www/html/vendor/illuminate/database/Eloquent/Model.php:1653"

"2024/03/07 22:47:07 [error] 9#9: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function connection() on null in /var/www/html/vendor/illuminate/database/Eloquent/Model.php:1653"

Is there a way to mount these files how I would like? This would also help address the next concern.

2 - Accessing Afterlogic from Nextcloud.
Currently, when I go to access Afterlogic from Nextcloud. I get the following error.

"To protect your security, afterlogic.tld.com will not allow Firefox to display the page if another site has embedded it. To see this page, you need to open it in a new window."

I believe this is related to the information located here: <https://afterlogic.com/docs/webmail-lite/configuring-webmail/nextcloud-integration>. I would like to be able to edit the "AllowPostLogin" and "XFrameOptions" settings, but I am unsure how to do this. I think if I were able to edit these settings, this would resolve my issues accessing Afterlogic from Nextcloud.

Do you know how I can edit these files in my docker container permanently?

Any assistance with these two concerns would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Back to Top View wegiii's Profile Search for other posts by wegiii

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 10 March 2024 at 11:48pm | IP Logged Quote Igor

Hello,

Frankly speaking, while we do offer Docker images for our products, including WebMail Lite - https://github.com/afterlogic/docker-webmail-lite - we never really use such a deployment method, viewing it more like a demo approach. Still we may be able to assist, please confirm if the issue can be reproduced with it, and if so, what configuration changes do we apply to reproduce such an issue?

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

wegiii

Posted: 11 March 2024 at 2:53pm | IP Logged Quote wegiii

I was able to use persistent storage and edit the files as mentioned in the docs by using named volume storage. My example is below.

on web app:
volumes:
        - data-afterlogic-pro:/var/www/html/data:rw
for docker:
volumes:
data-afterlogic-pro:
    name: data-afterlogic-pro

This worked for me. I was able to edit the required configuration files too. While the bind mount still does not work (I think permissions of some sort). This is acceptable for now.
Back to Top View wegiii's Profile Search for other posts by wegiii

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version