AfterLogic Aurora

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic Aurora
Subject Topic: Features Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Odonata

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 20 November 2019 at 8:49am | IP Logged Quote Odonata

Okay, so now that my bugs are mostly worked out, I have a few questions on some features of the software.

In my corporate files folder, I have noticed that there is no way, in which I see, to protect files from being moved or deleted. Which there is also no way to administrate those files either. What I am looking for is access to the files from an administrator account which can delete them, but keep it so that only the user in which adds the file can remove them otherwise. The administrator account to do this is not as important as being able to lock the file to the user account. Maybe a node in the software that will look to see if the person who is trying to delete a file is the uploader of the file or is the user in which is defined in a field for administrator in the admin panel. I think something like that would be the simplest way to handle this. An option could also be added in the admin panel for if this feature should be on or off. Which then the node would obviously need to check if that is on or off before checking the names.

In my team contacts, I have several contacts that are repeated for some reason or another, and I have some that are not listed, is there a way to edit contacts under team. Once again, an admin function would be great here.

I also can not manually add contacts into my contacts. It seems to only support imports.

Back to files, it would be nice if I had a share option in files, just like contacts has a "shared with me" that I could share files to a group that is defined within my contacts. For my particular company use as an example, I would have groups, Sales, Installers, Office, Techs. I could then upload files that pertain to any one of these groups and share it directly with the group versus having to make a link in which could then be accidentally shared outside of my company, which is something I would prefer to avoid as much as possible.

Also in files. Is there anyway to add collaboration for files such as docs and spreadsheets? I know that collabora has some open source apps for this, is there a way that I can add this in to the software without relying on an outside app to handle my collaboration needs. If not collaboration, at least a way to edit and save the document right on the server.

So far my team that is testing and I are very happy with what we see, but these small things are still left to be desired. The files section issues that we have, I feel are the most important things that we need to base our decision on to whether we go to a full deployment with this on our server and across our team. Other than that, the software is great and I really hope that we can make this work for us. In a company atmosphere, with these few additions, this software could beat out gSuites and all of its unnecessary bulk.

Back to Top View Odonata's Profile Search for other posts by Odonata

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 21 November 2019 at 12:47am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Hello,

We're aware of the issue with team contacts getting duplicated and we hope the fix for it will become available in the next release. Entries there, however, aren't editable - those aren't contacts really, more like list of system's users.

We're not aware of issues with adding contacts manually though, and I couldn't reproduce it with 8.3.14 release. To let us help you on this, please open a ticket in HelpDesk and provide information on how this issue can be reproduced.

In a previous version, we've actually added an option for sharing files, but it's still in testing stage. To enable it, set Disabled to false in data/settings/modules/SharedFiles.config.json file. We'll appreciate your feedback on this feature.

As for feature suggestions, please feel free to open new votes at https://afterlogic.uservoice.com/ - we actively monitor that resource when designing roadmap for future version, and if certain feature gets a substantial amount of votes, we do consider adding the feature to the product. Also, we provide custom development services and can implement any features you require, please contact us if you might be interested.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

Odonata

Posted: 21 November 2019 at 7:39am | IP Logged Quote Odonata

Okay, looks like we all overlooked the big button that says New Contact. Sorry about that one. Not sure how we have used this so much and not gotten use to that button for new stuff.

If I enable the Shared Files, I get "error while getting files" message in place of my files.

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 22 November 2019 at 12:00am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Code:
If I enable the Shared Files, I get "error while getting files" message in place of my files.

Try running "Create/Update" tables in admin interface, and reload the interface, that should help.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support

Odonata

Posted: 22 November 2019 at 8:08am | IP Logged Quote Odonata

Perfect, thank you. We will get to checking this out.

alexynior

Posted: 10 July 2020 at 7:54pm | IP Logged Quote alexynior

Odonata wrote:
Okay, looks like we all overlooked the big button that says New Contact. Sorry about that one. Not sure how we have used this so much and not gotten use to that button for new stuff.

Hi, I have the same mistake, could you fix it?

Thank you
Back to Top View alexynior's Profile Search for other posts by alexynior

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 13 July 2020 at 12:20am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Try clicking "Create/Update Tables" and "Update configuration" buttons in Database Settings screen of admin interface. Does it help?

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version