AfterLogic Aurora

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic Aurora
Subject Topic: Some newbie fresh install questions Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
sebasquio

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10 September 2019 at 7:51pm | IP Logged Quote sebasquio

Hello there, so weve succesfully installed Aurora Corporate multi tenant in Ubuntu+Nginx. Everything is working as expected, 2FA, Recaptcha, Email, contacts etc, but i have some questions, hope someone can help me.

Multitenancy
If a user hasnt been added as user onto the tenant he can still access his email (Only if autoprovisioning option is enabled), but Aurora adds him onto the default tenant. Is there a way to:
1: If Tenant uses domain zzz.com, add all new users with domain @zzz.com onto its tenant instead of default?
2: Limit tenant user creation, perhaps only accept users previously added under admin panel?
3: How do i know how many users does a tenant have?
4: Is there a way of adding more info to user, not just email? Such as its phone number, extension, mobile, etc?
5: Cant find a way of importing users.

Email & Files
While i can see images preview just fine, i cant see preview of docx, xlsx, pdf, I realized that the popup wants to open docs on live docs viewer but it fails to do so, havent found a way to solve this.

Files
1: Is there a way of sharing files with other users apart from offering a direct link?
2: Is there a way of adding expire date to direct file links? Users most of the time wont delete the share.
3: Files are stored in the / files directory, i assume is ok to symlink that folder onto a SAN, or are there quota issues?
4: As ive seen, same API keys are shared among tenants. Dont quite understand this, as each one of them should need to have their own Drive/Dropbox account.

Thanks so much in advance. As sais, im a newbie in Aurora but want to deploy it asap.

Regards

Back to Top View sebasquio's Profile Search for other posts by sebasquio

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 11 September 2019 at 3:09am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
Multitenancy
If a user hasnt been added as user onto the tenant he can still access his email (Only if autoprovisioning option is enabled), but Aurora adds him onto the default tenant. Is there a way to:
1: If Tenant uses domain zzz.com, add all new users with domain @zzz.com onto its tenant instead of default?

Add new mail server on Admin panel -> System -> Mail Servers. Specify your tenant and domain zzz.com while adding. Make sure that zzz.com domain is not specified for other mail servers. Now new users created on login will belong to your tenant.

Quote:
2: Limit tenant user creation, perhaps only accept users previously added under admin panel?

We do not have any tenant-wide limits for user creation.

Quote:
3: How do i know how many users does a tenant have?

We are planning to add such functionality to one of the further versions.

Quote:
4: Is there a way of adding more info to user, not just email? Such as its phone number, extension, mobile, etc?

No, there is no way for now.

Quote:
5: Cant find a way of importing users.

We do not have importing users functionality.

Quote:
Email & Files
While i can see images preview just fine, i cant see preview of docx, xlsx, pdf, I realized that the popup wants to open docs on live docs viewer but it fails to do so, havent found a way to solve this.

Doesn't it work for you in both emails and files? Also, is your installation available over the Internet? It won't work for localhost installations.

By default, Microsoft Live viewer is used, but you can also try using Google viewer. To switch to it, locate data/settings/modules/OfficeDocumentViewer.config.json file and set ViewerUrl to:

Code:
"https://docs.google.com/viewer?embedded=true&url="

Quote:
Files
1: Is there a way of sharing files with other users apart from offering a direct link?

Yes, we have already made such functionality, it will be released in the next version.

Quote:
2: Is there a way of adding expire date to direct file links? Users most of the time wont delete the share.

No, we don't have this functionality.

Quote:
3: Files are stored in the / files directory, i assume is ok to symlink that folder onto a SAN, or are there quota issues?

Sure no problem with that.

Quote:
4: As ive seen, same API keys are shared among tenants. Dont quite understand this, as each one of them should need to have their own Drive/Dropbox account.

Yes, it sounds reasonable, but for now we have only system-wide setting.

Please note that we're always open for custom development requests. Should you require any assistance, please contact us via HelpDesk.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 11 September 2019 at 3:37am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
Files
Yes, we have already made such functionality, it will be released in the next version.

Just got a confirmation from the developers, that the feature is already included in the latest 8.3.9 release of Aurora Corporate. To enable it, please set Disabled to true in data/settings/modules/SharedFiles.config.json file.

UPD: you may need to run Create/Update Tables upon enabling the feature, to make sure all the database tables required are in place.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support

sebasquio

Posted: 11 September 2019 at 7:28am | IP Logged Quote sebasquio

Hey Igor thanks for your prompt response.

Doc Viewer
We have public IP with FQDN and port 443 open, my issue was that i only had port 443 open domesticly (only to Mexico), thats why document Viewer wasnt working

PDF Viewer
Still no PDFs can be previewed, i added "pdf" onto data/settings/modules/OfficeDocumentViewer.config.json , Aurora opens popup and inmediately closes it and prompts for pdf download

Regarding tasks
Tasks can be assigned to a calendar, but as tasks dont have any start/pending/due dates, they never appear under calendar, am i missing something?

Regarding corporate files
As ive seen, everybody can add/delete files under the corporate file space, is there a way of limiting corporate folder to only be editable for admins and only read permission for all other users?

Regarding shared folder
I get error "error while getting files". Is this part were user can see the folder shared by him or folders shared to him?

Regarding contacts
I can share contacts with other users, but they are able to edit/delete my contacts, is there a way of having shared contacts as read only?

Thanks in advance :)

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 12 September 2019 at 1:27am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
Still no PDFs can be previewed, i added "pdf" onto data/settings/modules/OfficeDocumentViewer.config.json , Aurora opens popup and inmediately closes it and prompts for pdf download

PDFs aren't handled by Office document viewer, they're viewed by the browser directly. Please revert the changes made to the module and see if you can get PDFs to open in different browsers.

Quote:
Tasks can be assigned to a calendar, but as tasks dont have any start/pending/due dates, they never appear under calendar, am i missing something?

By default, tasks don't have dates indeed, but when creating a task, you can click "Add date" button at the top of task editor popup. Also, calendar event can be turned into a task, with event's date information preserved.

Quote:

As ive seen, everybody can add/delete files under the corporate file space, is there a way of limiting corporate folder to only be editable for admins and only read permission for all other users?

That's currently not supported. Please note that in multi-tenant environment, corporate file pools are per-tenant.

Quote:
I get error "error while getting files". Is this part were user can see the folder shared by him or folders shared to him?

It should be showing files shared to this user. Most likely, you need to run Create/Update Tables in Adminpanel upon enabling the feature, to make sure all the database tables required are in place.

Quote:
I can share contacts with other users, but they are able to edit/delete my contacts, is there a way of having shared contacts as read only?

Thing is, once you move the contact into shared space, it is no longer yours, and each user has control over the contact. That's by design; but of course, we can implement any other features you require.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support

sebasquio

Posted: 13 September 2019 at 4:13pm | IP Logged Quote sebasquio

Hi there, it turns out that PDFs are opened correctly in Chrome, it fails to open in Firefox.

Regarding Files/contacts. Is there a way of enabling "recicle bin" ?

When user shares a file, a little share icon appears under file name, when user refreshes page icon is gonne, but share is still active. When click in share i cant see the users to whom i shared the files to (Remote user can still se the shared file)

Regarding file sharing,
-I cant seem to find the difference between "who can see" and "who can edit".
-Destination user has no idea who shared the resource

Public link
Ability to add expiration date (Maybe mandatory)
Maybe add opcional link password

Aprox cost of applying these additional item under File menu
Additional menu options
-Shared with me
-Shares from me
-Public links

Sorry for all the questions but im thinking a bit ahead for customers questions.

thanks!

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 16 September 2019 at 6:18am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
Is there a way of enabling "recicle bin" ?

That's something that would require research and development, especially if you wish such a trash bin to have an Undelete feature so that file/contact is restored to exactly where it was before deletion.

Quote:
When user shares a file, a little share icon appears under file name, when user refreshes page icon is gonne, but share is still active. When click in share i cant see the users to whom i shared the files to (Remote user can still se the shared file)

Those are known issues and they're already fixed, the fixes will be included in the next release.

Quote:
-I cant seem to find the difference between "who can see" and "who can edit".

Currently, if the file is allowed for editing, it can be renamed (but we're going to remove that one in next update). If the folder is shared like that, it's possible to upload files and folders into it.

Quote:
-Destination user has no idea who shared the resource

We're now working on file sharing notifications mechanism, and quite possibly, the notifications will be mentioning who shared the file.

Quote:
Ability to add expiration date (Maybe mandatory)

API already has such a feature but it's not used in web interface.

Quote:
Maybe add opcional link password

Developers are now working on sharing encrypted files, and one of the encryption options considered assumes supplying a password there. But this is an early development stage yet so we're not sure how it's going to look eventually.

Quote:
Aprox cost of applying these additional item under File menu
Additional menu options
-Shared with me
-Shares from me
-Public links

Approximately, 40 hours ($1,400).

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login