AfterLogic Forum : MailBee.NET Queue
Subject Topic: Greylisting support Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Sergei

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 27 September 2011 at 11:59pm | IP Logged Quote Sergei

Hi,

I use MailBee.Net Objects with MailBee.Net Queue to organize mass emailing procedure from the scratch. Recently, I have found that there is a special mechanism of SPAM sending prevention that is called GreyListing - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greylisting

In short, there are situations when MTA gets a transient error with a special code which means that email was rejected for now. But after a short period of time, if an MTA tries to resend the same email again then send will be successful.

I want to ask you if MailBee.NET Queue supports retry behaviour out of the box or I need to add a special logic. If MailBee.NET Queue can handle retrying I would like to ask you how I can tune the waiting time, because I would like to leverage my own retry rules.

Thanks in advance.
Back to Top View Sergei's Profile Search for other posts by Sergei

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 18 October 2011 at 2:14am | IP Logged Quote Igor

In case if you use MailBee.NET Queue with relay SMTP server A and the recipient SMTP server is B, this would depend on which server issues the greylist. For server B (which is a typical case I believe) this is purely server-to-server communication, email client doesn't get involved in any way hence greylisting support isn't required.

If greylist is issued by server A, that would be a delivery error reported back to client, and resending is required. MailBee.NET Queue does not perform automated retry but since the source code is available you can modify it and implement any approach you require.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version