AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Suggestion list for AL Webmail Pro Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
marbab

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10 June 2010 at 4:52am | IP Logged Quote marbab

I am also talking about Mail Suite Pro for windows. If its available in linux then it should also be included in windows version. I am using windows version and that is why i am more interested in it. Can you please tell me about its availability ?

Thanks.

Igor wrote:
Quote:
I also think forget password option is a must. There must be someway users can recover their passwords without involving their site admins.

There's no way to implement this for standalone WebMail Pro, but as for MailSuite Pro, this is already available in Linux version (disabled by default, though), and there's a chance this will be added for Windows version as well.

--

Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View marbab's Profile Search for other posts by marbab

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 16 June 2010 at 6:20am | IP Logged Quote Igor

I confirm that we're going to add this in future versions of MailSuite Pro for Windows.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

nickux

Posted: 08 July 2010 at 7:03am | IP Logged Quote nickux

I believe this webmail is light and simple in use and should be kept as such.

For those who require a ton of features there is always Zimbra and zimlets. With the equivalent costs in labor or licenses that come with it, too.

This does not mean that simple applications couldn't be done as add-ons. For example

- Notes
- Bookmarks
- Todo list
- Generic empty panel with iframe including unique identification for external applications to be added by customer

Some things I would like to see (please excuse me if they are already included - I am playing with my installation for only a day)

- View message source
- Automating saving of draft every X minutes
- Better handling of huge external mailboxes
- Calendar reminders
- Better visual or audio notification for new mail (perhaps a small popup?)
- XMPP / BOSH add-on using ejabberd for Linux installations
- multiple popup Compose new email windows without intervening with background page
- Ability to transfer an account from one installation to another
- Better statistics of usage or ability to keep log of user's key usage details (logins, outgoing emails, patterns of use etc)
- Ability to have side preview panel, no preview panel, etc
- Folder names could be cut if are too long "This is a huge folder name" could be chosen to show as "This is [..]lder"
- Goto mail page X directly via input box
- Advanced search in case installation uses IMAP server directly, using IMAP server's capabilities
- Search for calendar (mentioned above too)
- Allow user to set new colors for his calendars
- API for adding data to user's account, for example API to add a new calendar entry (or should someone just sniff the AJAX requests and emulate them via PHP/Curl?)
- Limits for larger installations to try to prevent abuse
- Threaded lists
- RSS import into a mailbox folder (ideally via a general cron to fetch RSS and not per individual user to minimize the load)
- RSS export of folder emails based on criteria (new/unread/etc)
- Download all attachments option (as zip file)
- Ability to show which e-mail addresses have "always show images" and remove them (if clicked by accident)
- Ajax sorting of folders in "manage folders" screen as well with arrows as is now.
- Limits as to how many external accounts a user can add to prevent abuse
- As mentioned, login to system should be done via webmail login details, no matter what the POP/IMAP accounts of the user are.
- Spam/Not spam button send message as e-mail to ham/spam email accounts, even on installations without the Afterlogic mail server
- Hotkeys should work (CTRL-A) in search results too
- Search results should be able to select all search results, not only the ones shown (like gmail does). "You have more than the results you see in current page, do you want to select them all?". Then user can click DELETE or MOVE to all results. That's one of the most helpful features of gmail, I think
- Right click menu on message lists etc.
- Hotkeys to move to next/previous page on mail list.
- If SMTP relay fails via account's SMTP, ask to relay (temporarily) via default SMTP or so
- Allow smart relaying for groups, for example consider it something like a newsletter and cron it if recipients are more than X (configurable). In such case, let admin set a default footer on message for group member to "auto-remove" his email from the list. I am sure many people use (or may use) this feature to "spam" others and never delete them from the group.
- search/select and mass add/remove contacts from groups

That's from the top of my head right now, more to follow if you think it's of any value :-)

Nickux
Back to Top View nickux's Profile Search for other posts by nickux

nickux

Posted: 11 July 2010 at 8:22am | IP Logged Quote nickux

More suggestions

- Show full message details (email source), not only headers when wanting to see the original e-mail
- Offer ability to show full message details in preview mode, not only in single e-mail mode
- The popup of the current "show header details" should ideally have a layer to disallow clicking the background (usually using a black colour + opacity X% to make it transparent)
- Next to + add to contacts icon, there could be an icon to add this sender to SPAM or menu popup "Filter this sender ...MOVE... message to ...folder..." to easily make a filter from preview list without needing to go back and forth to folders/filters and to mail list to see the details of the filter to be added
- Next to email subject, add an icon to easily add subject to filters (like above)
- Perhaps the + icon could show a mini menu "Add to contacts, Add address to spammers, Add filter based on email" etc. This way you could add more actions in the future with this structure.
- Auto Polling/Checking for all active accounts each at own interval and not only the current active e-mail account
- Folder list on left should have a tree like structure in default skin. Ideally it should keep state of children
- When auto polling occurs, folder list should scroll back again to where it was before the refresh (if someone has a lot of folders, after check for email the folder list go back to top)
- When someone searches and goes to page X, after clearing the search and INBOX shows again, it should go to INBOX page Y or 1st page. Currently, it takes INBOX to page X that user was in the search results
- There should be a button like flag in the messages list that will set message as read/unread. Exactly like the flag button but for read/unread.
- Search history (searched terms) in the popup search window via V dropdown button (shows list with X last terms)
- Search results should show results sorted based on current sort of user (typically based on time message arrived)

Hope this is useful.

Back to Top View nickux's Profile Search for other posts by nickux

penrose.a

Posted: 18 July 2010 at 4:12pm | IP Logged Quote penrose.a

I would like to ask the possibility to add a disclaimer. The disclaimer should be able to be added through the administration interface, for either all outgoing mail or filters of email ( like "different disclaimer for internal emails" or "sales disclaimer for all mails from sales@mycompany.com) etc.

But a simple disclaimer for all outgoing mail would be very welcome.

I know that I can do this with Aftermime or Postfix or the MTA but this is not the job of an MTA, it can break some emails.
Back to Top View penrose.a's Profile Search for other posts by penrose.a

LordPakato

Posted: 10 August 2010 at 12:36pm | IP Logged Quote LordPakato

2 suggestions

The option to view the source code of the message.

Another interesting suggestion is the possibility of embedding in the user settings, your custom pages in order to better integrate webmail on the need for each user.

I for one price add a page to change the password for email and other settings for anti-spam
Back to Top View LordPakato's Profile Search for other posts by LordPakato

thiagold

Posted: 25 August 2010 at 5:33am | IP Logged Quote thiagold

Using Lotus Notes email client, when I send a email a confirmation screen is
opened asking me if I want to save the email as a "Sent Item". I think that this
is really nice, 'cause if I'm sending a casual email, I don't need a copy of it
saving disk space.

A examble is when I receive some funny stuff, like videos or pps, and I'd like to
share with a friend list. I don't need a copy of this email saved as "Sent Item",
so I ever need to clean this kind of trash email of "Sent Items" folder.
Back to Top View thiagold's Profile Search for other posts by thiagold

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 25 August 2010 at 6:09am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
Using Lotus Notes email client, when I send a email a confirmation screen is opened asking me if I want to save the email as a "Sent Item". I think that this is really nice, 'cause if I'm sending a casual email, I don't need a copy of it saving disk space.

The idea itself sounds interesting, though I think that additional popup message on sending EVERY mail out could be annoying. I think it's possible to add a checkbox below the message, right next to "Request Read Confirmation". That checkbox will be ticked by default, but you can uncheck it before sending a mail if you don't want the mail to be saved to Sent Items.

I've forwarded this suggestion to product management. Keep in mind that some mail servers put the messages to Sent Items regardless of whether mailer instructs them to do so or not.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

thiagold

Posted: 25 August 2010 at 7:43am | IP Logged Quote thiagold

Igor wrote:
The idea itself sounds interesting, though I think that additional
popup message on sending EVERY mail out could be annoying. I think it's possible
to add a checkbox below the message, right next to "Request Read Confirmation".
That checkbox will be ticked by default, but you can uncheck it before sending a
mail if you don't want the mail to be saved to Sent Items.

In lotus notes client at settings screen we have this option:
Save email that you send: [ Always make a copy, Don't keep a copy, Always Prompt ]

I think that this is a solution for all tastes...

Tks for all

pantner

Posted: 30 August 2010 at 9:14pm | IP Logged Quote pantner

first off, great work on the latest version of Webmail Pro...i just upgraded to it and it is soooo much better then the previous version i had (not sure which version i had)

my only real suggestion at the moment is to do with the Outlook Calendar/Contacts Sync Addin/plugin.

I think it would be a good idea to give the user the option to Sync when Outlook Opens/Closes.
I know that depending on how its used it could cause problems (ie, if you are syncing over the net).

or a timed sync, like every 30mins.
Back to Top View pantner's Profile Search for other posts by pantner

thiagold

Posted: 01 September 2010 at 5:21am | IP Logged Quote thiagold

At folder manager, when I uncheck a folder to be visible, at folder list inside
the email account, should apear a link/button to show the hidden folders, like
gmail have.

rq*

Posted: 20 September 2010 at 11:19am | IP Logged Quote rq*

I have a few suggestions too. I've only tested Webmail Lite, but I think most of these suggestions are missing in Pro too:

1. It would be nice if Webmail could use STARTTLS even on non-SSL ports (for all protocols). I.e., it could check for STARTTLS (STLS for POP3) capability and if that is present, try to automatically establish secure a connection.

2. Also it would be nice if Webmail could automatically probe the usual ports when a port is not defined. E.g. for SMTP, it could automatically probe ports 587, 465, and 25; for POP3 – ports 995 and 110; for IMAP4 – ports 993 and 143.

3. Going even further, the protocol to use could also be autodetected. It's pretty obvious: you should try secure IMAP4 first, then insecure IMAP4, then secure POP3, then insecure POP3.

4. Similarly, the SMTP server could be derived from the incoming server by default. Why require to specify it twice?

5. It would be nice if the administrator could choose which advanced fields to always show/hide. E.g. I want to make the Incoming mail server field required, so there's not much sense in having it hidden by default.

6. Also, current HTML code for the login form is ugly. Those inline style definitions and tables are basically impossible to customize (you have to use !important for anything you want to change). It would be nice if that form was be more flexible. After all, you just want to make the advanced fields hidable – you don't need all that ugly HTML just to achieve that!

7. It would be nice if logging into POP3 accounts would work with USE_DB=false. I'm perfectly aware that the functionality would be very limited in that case, but still I think that limited functionality is better than none, and I think it should be up to the user/admin to decide whether or not that trade-off is acceptable. For example, the search field could be simply shown as disabled in such case.

8. One more thing: I find it strange that there is no way to use php's built-in mail() function instead of the SMTP server. I think it may be preferred at least sometimes. Any chances to see that implemented?

Back to Top View rq*'s Profile Search for other posts by rq*

lukasp

Posted: 24 September 2010 at 5:22am | IP Logged Quote lukasp

Igor wrote:

To MACscr:
WebMail Pro grew from just an email access solution, address book and calendar were added later. We are going to add more in the future, and features like Tasks/Notes are of top priority amongst others for us.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

Is there any chance you can add notes/task? It is nearly one year ago when you mantion , will developers work on it???

One more nice and i hope easy future:
something like this in top of email after login {maybe 5sec visible}:

:)
Last login: Fri Sep 24 13:18:18 2010 from 195.256.88.266
Back to Top View lukasp's Profile Search for other posts by lukasp

Wickerman

Posted: 18 October 2010 at 6:32am | IP Logged Quote Wickerman

One feature I would like to see is the "Mark as Read" drop down list default to "Mark as Unread". With preview pane on by default you are reading it as soon as you click.
Back to Top View Wickerman's Profile Search for other posts by Wickerman

b:z

Posted: 10 December 2010 at 8:02pm | IP Logged Quote b:z

Request: LDAP password change/User password change

It would be useful to have this function as i am using Qmail-LDAP to store user account. I am sure that
this product would be absolutely nice if it supports this module.

:)
Back to Top View b:z's Profile Search for other posts by b:z

udgd66
Valued Community Member
Valued Community Member

Posted: 13 December 2010 at 7:59am | IP Logged Quote udgd66

[ONE]
I come from program "thunderbird", something is very convenient to be able to insert a tag for the message.
Tags:
blue: message sent
red: Importante
green: Personal
...and so on

[TWO]
Adding "Collapse" button for the folder and Sub-folder

[THREE]
Icons near the folders tree in AfterDark theme (like Ya-Ya theme)

....adn sorry for my english
Back to Top View udgd66's Profile Search for other posts by udgd66

shier21

Posted: 22 December 2010 at 12:00am | IP Logged Quote shier21

Wickerman wrote:
One feature I would like to see is the "Mark as Read" drop down list default to "Mark as Unread". With preview pane on by default you are reading it as soon as you click.

Yup, it is a valuable script..
Back to Top View shier21's Profile Search for other posts by shier21 Visit shier21's Homepage

hyperpac

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 10:52am | IP Logged Quote hyperpac

Hey,

WebMailPro is great. Only one very little thing. Set an automatic "cc" / "bcc" adress for every mail sent. Should be adjustable for every user account, not global.

Thanks and keep it going !!!
Pac
Back to Top View hyperpac's Profile Search for other posts by hyperpac Visit hyperpac's Homepage

hyperpac

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 10:58am | IP Logged Quote hyperpac

hyperpac wrote:
Hey,

WebMailPro is great. Only one very little thing. Set an automatic "cc" / "bcc" adress for every mail sent. Should be adjustable for every user account, not global.

Thanks and keep it going !!!
Pac

Hmm sorry forgot some words. It should be:

I´d like to be able to set an automatic "cc" / "bcc" address for every mail sent. It should be adjustable for every user account, not global.

Thx
Back to Top View hyperpac's Profile Search for other posts by hyperpac Visit hyperpac's Homepage

peter_mcc

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 2:34am | IP Logged Quote peter_mcc

Hi
Simple one - How about somewhere in the admin interface (and perhaps client as well) that shows the version of the program? I'm using the latest Lite .NET version and can't see the version anywhere!
peter
Back to Top View peter_mcc's Profile Search for other posts by peter_mcc

Wolfgang

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 11:51am | IP Logged Quote Wolfgang

marci wrote:

"RE:" fix:
If you reply an message it always puts an "RE:" in front, even if there already is a "RE:"? This is not optimal. We you have replied some times the subject is then "RE: RE: RE: RE: Subject" :/

The same applies for translated versions.

In the german version AW. is used instead of RE:

Thanks
Wolfgang
Back to Top View Wolfgang's Profile Search for other posts by Wolfgang

Wolfgang

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 12:08pm | IP Logged Quote Wolfgang

Another Suggestion:

Limit a filter to only one action.

I try to describe what I mean:

Filter can be set to "TO contains @example.com MOVE to sent-to-example".

Filter can be set to "FROM contains @example.com MOVE to received-from-example".

Sometimes I receive a mail from a person example.com and this mail goes to the folder received-from-example.

Another time I receive a mail from a person example.com and this mail has also another person @example.com in the header as CC - then it goes to the folder sent-to-example. This is logical, because this CC is going TO @example.com, therefore the other filter condition applies and the received mail is moved into the sent-to-excample-folder.

It would be nice if we could either enhance the filter or (/ and) limit to proceed only one condition and do not continue to filter.

I hope I was able to describe clearly enough.

Thanks
Wolfgang

Wolfgang

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 7:24am | IP Logged Quote Wolfgang

Wolfgang wrote:

In the german version AW. is used instead of RE:

must read AW: instead of AW.

And please also take care to avoid duplication of FW: which is WG: in german

Thanks
Wolfgang

myself

Posted: 10 February 2011 at 11:43pm | IP Logged Quote myself

New to AL (WebMail Pro PHP). Like what I see, but find it funny that I should
read through three pages of product suggestions and not once found the two that
I seem to be missing most. Maybe I am the odd one out. Anyway, here are my two
most missed features:

(1) Synchronization with Google contacts and Google calendar. Seamless
integration is one key selling point for Android phones and (future) tablets,
and a plug-in exists for Thunderbird. Works wonders. AL WebMail would benefit
from similar integration, and stand out from its competition. Today, I can only
export contacts from Googlemail, and import into Webmail (which worked fine),
but there is no live synchronization :-(

(2) Persistent customization. I understand current customization support is
nothing but hacking the source code. So, I expand my main menu by editing
CustomTopLinks in default.js, but what happens when the next release of WebMail
comes along? Either the update will fail or will be incomplete (because I edited
the source), or my 'customization' will be wiped out.   
This is hardly acceptable. Customization should be provided with optional
files, which are not part of the distribution, so that they survive an upgrade
installation.
Back to Top View myself's Profile Search for other posts by myself

myself

Posted: 11 February 2011 at 3:12am | IP Logged Quote myself

Too bad AL Webmail supports defaults for the newly created user, but I seem unable
to define my own defaults. I think this has been requested a couple of times in
this thread, and I second this request.

Here's a suggestion for a possible implementation: I'd be happy to create one
'example user,' and configure this user's preferences (in AL WebMail) manually.
Then, I'd like to go to the admin panel, and instruct AL WebMail to use this user
as a template for newly created AL WebMail users. This should include all
settings, theme, timezone, language, special IMAP folder mappings, etc.
Back to Top View myself's Profile Search for other posts by myself

<< Prev Page of 9 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version