MailBee.NET Objects

AfterLogic Forum : MailBee.NET Objects
Subject Topic: Help! LicenseKey not working in Prod Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
JerseyMike

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 14 October 2006 at 2:25pm | IP Logged Quote JerseyMike

I have a stand alone .EXE that is using the MailBee.NET Objects. License has been purchased and is set using the static LicenseKey methods. This has been working flawlessly on my development machine.

I have rolled this out to production and when I attempt to run the EXE it tells me the component is not licensed and that the license key is invalid??? I store the license key in the registry. I exported the reg settings from my dev machine and imported on production. Settings and key are identical in both environments.

Please help...I'm dead in the water and need to get this working correctly on our production machine.

Back to Top View JerseyMike's Profile Search for other posts by JerseyMike

JerseyMike

Posted: 14 October 2006 at 2:41pm | IP Logged Quote JerseyMike

My development machine is Windows XP Pro SP2.

The prod machine is Windows Server 2003 Web Edition.

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 15 October 2006 at 6:32am | IP Logged Quote Alex

Have you tried to execute savekey utility on the server? Maybe, you exported key entry to wrong location (for instance, HKLU instead of HKLM). Also, you may try to install RegMon utility from sysinternals.com to find out why registry reading attempt for "MailBee.NET Objects" fails. Perhaps, there is a permissions issue (this is usually the case when the application is being run under non-administrator user context).

Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

JerseyMike

Posted: 15 October 2006 at 8:54am | IP Logged Quote JerseyMike

I verified registry entry is in correct location. This application is compiled as a console application. For grins, I created another version compiled as a Windows Form with a simple form and button to launch same code...that worked like a champ.

I am the administrator on the prod machine, the console app runs under the admin account as well.

I'm going to try to recompile the console app and copy back to prod. Maybe something was corrupted during compile/copy to prod. I have no reasonable explanation as to why this shouldn't be working based on troubleshooting so far.

JerseyMike

Posted: 15 October 2006 at 9:30am | IP Logged Quote JerseyMike

I resolved the problem by putting the LicenseKey calls before anything else in my code. I noticed that I was NEW'ing up instances of the Pop3 and IMAP objects before the license key method was called. Once I moved this around in my declarations, the console applications works fine now.

This program worked previously as was on my development machine. Why I never received the license error until this went into production I still don't know.

But...it is working now.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version