Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
IMLOST
Guest Group
Guest Group

Online Status: Online
Posted: 24 November 2004 at 9:50pm | IP Logged Quote IMLOST

I got this error when running my code

COM object with CLSID {3041E20C-6923-4B39-A58F-FE1B095C3483} is either not valid or not registered.

I've already added MailBee to the references, LicenseKey is set, any idea?
Back to Top View IMLOST's Profile Search for other posts by IMLOST

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 25 November 2004 at 8:13am | IP Logged Quote Alex

First, check whether you can create any of MailBee objects from Windows (not from ASP.NET). Create simple test.vbs file with the following content:

Set Mailer = CreateObject("MailBee.SMTP")

Place this file to the same machine where you have problems with MailBee in asp.net, and try to execute this file by double-clicking it. If it produces an error this means MailBee is not installed on the machine, and you have to reinstall it.

If test file is ok, it probably means interoperability dll was not built or not available, or there is a permissions problem which prevents IUSR_MACHINE_NAME user from accessing MailBee.

If you're VS.NET user, you can try to set up and launch ASP.NET POP3 Demo (you can find it in Programs\MailBee\MailBee Programming Samples\ASP.NET\POP3 Demo). Installation notes can be found in Programs\MailBee\MailBee Programming Samples\ASP.NET\Readme.

If the demo app works, you can use it as a scratch to start with. If it fails too, please check permissions. Add IUSR_MACHINE_NAME to admins group, restart web server and try again. If it works now and you're quite good on Windows administering, you can remove IUSR_MACHINE_NAME from Admin and manually set permissions which would allow IUSR_MACHINE_NAME to access MailBee (however, in worst case, there might be many of the permissions to fix - file permissions of MailBee.dll and interop dll, and registry permissions on these dlls).

Please let me know whether it helped.

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version