AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Installer not launching Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
bb1976

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 22 October 2016 at 6:44am | IP Logged Quote bb1976

I decided to uninstall IIS and refresh my setup (finally) after having problems trying to get CALDAV to work (after it initially had for some time). I go to start the install procedure by entering the url: http://pcname/webmail/install

However, what gets pasted back in the address bar is the below URL showing a blank page:
http://pcname/webmail/install/index.php?step=compatibility

Why is this happening? A quick check of a phpinfo page shows that php is installed and working properly. Permissions are set as the manual says to.
Back to Top View bb1976's Profile Search for other posts by bb1976

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 22 October 2016 at 7:19am | IP Logged Quote Igor

I would assume it's PHP configuration problem. One of our customers had a similar issue and it turned out there was no XML parser extension of PHP installed.

We recommend to check error logs of IIS and PHP to find if that might be the case.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

bb1976

Posted: 23 October 2016 at 8:01am | IP Logged Quote bb1976

IIS logs does not show anuthing beyond the URL:
#Software: Microsoft Internet Information Services 6.0
#Version: 1.0
#Date: 2016-10-23 14:58:11
#Fields: date time s-sitename s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query s-port cs-username c-ip cs(User-Agent) sc-status sc-substatus sc-win32-status
2016-10-23 14:58:11 W3SVC1 192.168.10.107 GET /webmail/installer - 80 - 192.168.10.101 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+6.1;+WOW64;+rv:49.0)+Gecko/20100101+Firefox/49.0 200 0 0
2016-10-23 14:58:14 W3SVC1 192.168.10.107 GET /webmail/install/ - 80 - 192.168.10.101 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+6.1;+WOW64;+rv:49.0)+Gecko/20100101+Firefox/49.0 200 0 0
2016-10-23 14:58:14 W3SVC1 192.168.10.107 GET /webmail/install/index.php step=compatibility 80 - 192.168.10.101 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+6.1;+WOW64;+rv:49.0)+Gecko/20100101+Firefox/49.0 500 0 0

PHP logging is slightly more descriptive, but why would startup hang if sqlserver dlls are not there? The database was originally configured to use mysql!?

[23-Oct-2016 10:58:14 America/New_York] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files\PHP\v5.3\ext\php_pdo_sqlsrv.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
in Unknown on line 0
[23-Oct-2016 10:58:14 America/New_York] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files\PHP\v5.3\ext\php_sqlsrv.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
in Unknown on line 0

bb1976

Posted: 23 October 2016 at 1:20pm | IP Logged Quote bb1976

Any ideas? The files it is complaining about are actually in the folder in question.   I'm stumped...

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 24 October 2016 at 3:53am | IP Logged Quote Igor

There seems to be a problem with configuring MySQL and PDO functionality in PHP setup. Make sure phpinfo output shows mysql, PDO and pdo_mysql sections there.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 24 October 2016 at 3:56am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Also, it looks like you might have configured PHP for MS SQL access while WebMail Pro uses MySQL.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

bb1976

Posted: 27 October 2016 at 9:22pm | IP Logged Quote bb1976

The solution had nothing to do with any missing dlls or configurations in MySQL or SQL Server.

When I began my repair, I turned on logging. I also thought it'd be a good idea to update to the latest version of 5.6.x. Turns out 5.6.x is NOT compatible with windows 2003 server! I was getting an internal server error 500 back with another err code of 193. So... back went version 5.3.x!

Once back on 5.3.x, I re-tried launching the website without re-doing the php.ini file (and all its manual changes). I now got an error where before I had none (see below). In the very first error that I got (similar to below), I did see a reference to the data folder (which I had moved one up from the web site folder as suggested in the install doc).

Subsequent times it was further truncated and you couldn't tell what folder it was getting caught up on. Anyway, to confirm, I looked in the inc_settings_path.php file to check that the data folder path was correct. It did seem so, still, I copied the path name from the address bar of the file explorer and pasted it in to the php file. After I did that, the install started to respond!

In the interest of completeness, I should note too that I did check the various php files mentioned in the error below and used the referenced line numbers to match up the point of failure using Notepad++. It also pointed to a problem with the data folder path.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'CApiBaseException' with message 'Can't get settings' in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webmail\libraries\afterlogic\common\settings.php:67 Stack trace: #0 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webmail\install\steps\compatibility.php(97): api_Settings->__construct('C:\Inetpub\wwwr...') #1 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webmail\install\steps\compatibility.php(22): CCompatibilityStep->Validate() #2 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webmail\install\installer.php(132): CCompatibilityStep->CCompatibilityStep() #3 C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webmail\install\index.php(16): CInstaller->Run() #4 {main} thrown in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webmail\libraries\afterlogic\common\settings.php on line 67

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 28 October 2016 at 2:55am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Thanks for the detailed feedback, it might really help other users out. By the way, is my understanding correct that you were able to go through the installation process completely?

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

bb1976

Posted: 29 October 2016 at 5:55am | IP Logged Quote bb1976

Hi igor,

I haven't had a chance to go that far but will post back when I get a chance. I'm currently hung up on the database back-end portion and for some reason, cannot get in to administer mysql databases as the tool seems to be missing?? I'm not sure if I tried to update it at one time but there is a limitation there too as to what versions of mysql are compatible with windows server 2003. I wish hmailserver had a linux version!

Question,
Can webmail php pro integrate with hMailServer using Apache web server instead of IIS? That would be best as there is better https certificate support in apache vs IIS6.

bb1976

Posted: 30 October 2016 at 10:25pm | IP Logged Quote bb1976

Installation worked great, almost there with the CALDAV too! I am sure I didn't have to enter any properties such as PROPFIND to the list of allowed web methods before but found when I added it, I didn't get errors anymore!

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 31 October 2016 at 3:15am | IP Logged Quote Igor

PHP version of WebMail can work just fine with Apache and hMailServer together, and there's a plugin available for password change with hMailServer.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

bb1976

Posted: 31 October 2016 at 4:16am | IP Logged Quote bb1976

Thanks! I may switch it over at some point but for right now, I just want to get it working. I've used that plugin before, I was under the impression it did more than password change but I guess I was mistaken.

It seems that I'm still having issues, though I'm not entirely sure this is a webmail pro problem... I can go to the website and add a calendar event on my account or to my phone and add one but the two events never seem to sync with each other. I use the CALDAV sync app on my phone to add the CALDAV account details as I had done before. However, when I go to the list of calendars to show, it is not enabled. When I enable it (checkbox) and I go back, the event I set up in the phone shows briefly and then disappears. Going back to the list of calendars shows it is disabled again!

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 31 October 2016 at 4:49am | IP Logged Quote Igor

The first thing to recheck is that you have your webserver reconfigured so that there's a dedicated subdomain or port for accessing DAV. While many clients can work with default DAV URL ending with /dav.php/ bit, that's not the case with iOS.

Also, we recommend to make sure that all the HTTP methods required for DAV to work are enabled in webserver setup, namely:

Code:
OPTIONS, GET, HEAD, DELETE, PROPFIND, PUT, PROPPATCH, COPY, MOVE, REPORT

Detailed info on this can be found at:

DAV server configuration

Also note that WebMail Pro offers iOS profile download. Log into WebMail from web browser on iPhone, and you'll be asked if you wish to download profile that configures access to mail, contacts and calendars automatically. This still needs DAV fully configured.

If you believe you have performed all the configuration but it still doesn't work, we might be able to assist if you provide us with a test account via HelpDesk.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

bb1976

Posted: 31 October 2016 at 6:44am | IP Logged Quote bb1976

Hi Igor,

Thanks. I will try and add the new methods. That is different from an earlier response from you to me several months back with regard to the http methods to enable (see below).

So are you saying that I have to use the full URL with the GUID and everything? I am using an Android phone with the CALDAV Sync program. How would one set up a dedicated port for DAV use in IIS6?

Posted: 18 May 2016 at 9:05am | IP Logged      Quote Igor
Hi!

Please check that the following HTTP methods: (PROPFIND | OPTIONS | PUT | DELETE | MKCOL | COPY | MOVE) are allowed on your Web server. If they are not allowed, or for any reason are prohibited, then you need to allow them.

Thank you.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

bb1976

Posted: 31 October 2016 at 6:52am | IP Logged Quote bb1976

Those instructions are for Apache but do you have any advice for configuring IIS? I can modify the methods are synched easy enough.

Would IIS setup work something like this (or am I off-base)?
- set up a mapping using a different port in the bindings section
- Add a hostname entry for the dav folder using the A record for the subdomain I defined in my DNS setup?

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 31 October 2016 at 7:32am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
That is different from an earlier response from you to me several months back with regard to the http methods to enable (see below).

Indeed, we've found out that some methods like REPORT and PROPPATCH may be critical, especially for syncing with desktop clients.

Quote:
I am using an Android phone with the CALDAV Sync program. How would one set up a dedicated port for DAV use in IIS6?

For Android, it's not that critical, it should work with default DAV URLs just fine. And if it doesn't, it might be about HTTP methods indeed.

Quote:
Those instructions are for Apache but do you have any advice for configuring IIS?

Sabredav documentation has an entry on that at Webservers page.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

bb1976

Posted: 31 October 2016 at 11:20am | IP Logged Quote bb1976

Those extra parameters must have been what was needed, thanks! I didn't have to do anything with anonymous user or anything and it is working both ways.

Thanks for the help, Igor!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version