AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic MailSuite
Subject Topic: Autoresponder Settings Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
RichardNorwood

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 22 October 2011 at 11:31am | IP Logged Quote RichardNorwood

Hi!

Very neat looking product you got there! kudos :)

I am using the Afterlogic Mailsuit for windows and i have a question concerning the Autoresponder.

Everytime a message drops in this features triggers and sends an autoreply to the sender. Everytime. And that is the problem because now i see a huge risk of mailloops!

Is it possible to adjust the settings so that the Autoresponder sends just one reply to the same sender per week?

Taken from the "Request for Comments: 3834"

Personal and Group responses that are intended to notify the sender of a message of the recipient's inability to read or reply to the message (e.g., "away from my mail" or "too busy" notifications) SHOULD NOT issue the same response to the same sender more than once within a period of several days, even though that sender may have sent multiple messages. A 7-day period is RECOMMENDED as a default.

thanks in advance!
Back to Top View RichardNorwood's Profile Search for other posts by RichardNorwood

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 24 October 2011 at 3:06am | IP Logged Quote Igor

According to the developers, the behavior is not configurable, and no protection from mail loop is currently implemented.

MailSuite Pro for Windows was not updated in a while, and release date for v6 is not determined. On the other hand, current version of WebMail Pro supports direct integration with hMailServer, and the integration covers changing password and managing autoresponder, so you might want to try that. You can use your current license key with WebMail Pro of course.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

georgezetta

Posted: 14 August 2012 at 4:27am | IP Logged Quote georgezetta

Unsuccessful connection on all the three ports would usually mean there are no mail services running. But if you get a response from mail server application, it might also hold the information what that application is. Prior to proceeding with MailSuite Pro installation, be sure to uninstall or disable any applications which occupy the listed ports.
Back to Top View georgezetta's Profile Search for other posts by georgezetta

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version