AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Multiple domains and unified view Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
regis92

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 27 January 2024 at 1:50am | IP Logged Quote regis92

Hello everybody :)

Please could you tell me it's possible to configure multiple domains (i.e. several SMTP/IMAP accounts from different domains, e.g. Gmail, Hotmail, personal domains... etc.) with AfterLogic WebMailPro ?
And, above all, in a single/unified view (so without having to change account in any way)?
(which, alas, does not seem to be the case when I read this : https://afterlogic.com/docs/webmail-pro-7/configuring-webmail/configuring-web-domain-names ...as they are talking about separate sub-domains).
From there I would like to create different folders corresponding to my different domains into which the emails would be directed by a filter system?

Many thanks in advance!

Back to Top View regis92's Profile Search for other posts by regis92

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 28 January 2024 at 11:35pm | IP Logged Quote Igor

Hello,

First of all, I believe I should point out that you're referring to documentation for a very old version 7 of WebMail Pro. Current v9 documentation is found at: https://afterlogic.com/docs/webmail-pro

And yes, you can add multiple mail servers via adminpanel, each of them can have different IMAP/SMTP settings of course, and then you can add multiple accounts to your primary account, and when you select the particular server its settings would be used for the account you add; in case of Gmail, there's a special connector available as described here.

While you can switch between the accounts with a dropdown tool, Unified Inbox feature is available as well. Additionally, I'd recommend taking a look at Users and accounts in WebMail Pro documentation page as it covers related questions.

Hope this helps.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

regis92

Posted: 31 January 2024 at 12:48pm | IP Logged Quote regis92

Thank you for your prompt reply,
I have installed Webmail Pro and it is indeed one of the most successful unified solutions I have tested to date.
HELAS, to my great despair (!), the "Unified Inbox feature" is only valid within the same mail server (i.e. the same domain).
Unfortunately it's impossible to have a whole unified view with all the accounts from all the mail servers... (like the native view in email clients like Outlook or Thunderbird !).
It was almost perfect... but now I'm too sad

regis92

Posted: 31 January 2024 at 12:57pm | IP Logged Quote regis92

Moreover, switching from one mail server to another is laborious because you first have to disconnect from the current account and then connect to the second account on the other mail server with the second email address and password... it's a shame there isn't a quicker way (complete drop-down list?) to switch from one mail server to another ;-)

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 31 January 2024 at 11:00pm | IP Logged Quote Igor

I'm positive there's a misunderstanding. When adding a new account, you simply select one of the mail servers you added via adminpanel. So I don't follow where this one's coming from:

Quote:
to disconnect from the current account and then connect to the second account on the other mail server with the second email address and password

There should be no need to do that. You simply log into your main account, add any number of accounts to it - add them to Unified Inbox feature if you wish - and you should be good to go. Doesn't matter if they're on the same server or not, thus:

Quote:
Unfortunately it's impossible to have a whole unified view with all the accounts from all the mail servers... (like the native view in email clients like Outlook or Thunderbird !).

I can confirm - yes, it is possible.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 31 January 2024 at 11:46pm | IP Logged Quote Igor

Actually, a bit of correction on my previous response. When adding an account, you won't even need to select a mail server - it will be selected automatically based on the domain part of email address you enter. And for any particular account you add, it can be any of the mail servers you've added, as long as the domains list for those are supplied correctly.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support

regis92

Posted: 01 February 2024 at 10:08am | IP Logged Quote regis92

Sorry but I don't understand :-((

In my previous post, I was talking from a User point of view : I don't see any way of having a unified view with the different accounts for all the different mail servers on the same view...

Example of configuration :

Mail Server A : gmail.com
Account 1 : user1@gmail.com
Account 2 : user2@gmail.com
Account 3 : user3@gmail.com

Mail Server B : myserverB.com
Account 4 : user4@myserverB.com

Mail Server C : myserverC.com
Account 5 : user5@myserverC.com

I would like an Unified View with all my email accounts :
So : Account 1 + Account 2 + Account 3 + Account 4 + Account 5 ... in the same view ;)

Then... possible or not ?

Thx.

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 01 February 2024 at 11:16pm | IP Logged Quote Igor

OK so the first thing you do is add three mail servers under adminpanel:

1) gmail.com - with Domains list: gmail.com
2) myserverB.com - with Domains list: myserverB.com
3) user5@myserverC.com - with Domains list: myserverC.com

That way, when you supply email address, WebMail Pro knows which mail server to use for it. Note that for Gmail, you would need to use OAuth2 connector as described here.

Now you'll need to define your primary account, that is, the account you log into by specifying email and password on the login page. This cannot be Gmail, I'm afraid, it can only be supplied as an additional one, but one of @myserverB.com or @myserverC.com accounts can.

Assuming you've logged into the account, go to Settings > Email Accounts, and check the box under Unified Inbox tab to include this account, select Label text and color if you wish.

Then the next thing you need is to use "Add New Account" button. For each of the accounts you add, make sure it's added to Unified Inbox in options.

That's it, you should have all the accounts at your fingertips. Again, it won't matter what mail server is used for any specific account, they can all live in Unified Inbox just fine. It might be a bit of a lengthy operation to retrieve all the inboxes content and merge them on-the-fly but it is a viable thing nonetheless.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support

regis92

Posted: 26 February 2024 at 11:35am | IP Logged Quote regis92

Thx for your help, it's OK :)
I am very happy to have such a real unified view in a webmail with different mail servers... your solution is the only one I've been able to come up with after a lot of testing over the last three months!
CONGRATULATIONS !!!    

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version