AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Lite
Subject Topic: How to enable SSL connection? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Maikl

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 06 July 2018 at 7:03am | IP Logged Quote Maikl

Hi,

I tried to change the TCP/IP ports for IMAP an my hMailserver to secure the connection, but I can't login with WebMail Lite (ASP.Net) anymore - which settings are necessary, and how can I configure WebMail Lite to use a secure connection?

hMailserver (Settings >> Advanced >> TCP/IP-Ports):

Protocol: IMAP
TCP/IP address: 0.0.0.0
Port: 143
Connection security: possible values are "None" (which works, but which I will get rid of), "STARTTLS (optional)", "STARTTLS (required)" and "SSL/TLS".

Thanks for helping
Michael

Back to Top View Maikl's Profile Search for other posts by Maikl Visit Maikl's Homepage

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 06 July 2018 at 7:06am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Try using port 993, it's a typical port for SSL-enabled access over IMAP protocol. Make sure it's enabled on hMailServer as well.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

Maikl

Posted: 07 July 2018 at 1:12am | IP Logged Quote Maikl

Igor,

thanks for the reply. I tried that, but still it does not work. Here is the error log from WebMail Lite:

[10:03:29.56] [INFO] Assembly version: 6.0.2.220.
[10:03:29.56] [INFO] Will resolve host "localhost".
[10:03:29.57] [INFO] Host "localhost" resolved to IP address(es) 127.0.0.1.
[10:03:29.57] [INFO] Will connect to host "localhost" on port 143.
[10:03:30.57] [INFO] Error: Socket connection has been refused by remote host. InnerException message follows: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:143

There are two things that I don't understand:

1) I changed the mail server name in the admin panel from localhost to the server name on the issued certificate, so I don't wonder that this is not working as it tries to connect to "localhost". But where can I change this behaviour?

2) Where can I define the port to connect to? It still tries to connect to 143.

Thanks!
Michael
Back to Top View Maikl's Profile Search for other posts by Maikl Visit Maikl's Homepage

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 09 July 2018 at 12:50am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Default mailserver connection settings are adjusted in Domains section of AdminPanel as shown here. Adjusting default settings will not affect existing accounts, you need to delete the account and have it recreated.

Bear in mind that WebMail Lite .NET is discontinued, using PHP version is strongly advised.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

Maikl

Posted: 15 July 2018 at 12:17am | IP Logged Quote Maikl

Igor wrote:
[…] Bear in mind that WebMail Lite .NET is discontinued, using PHP version is strongly advised.

This is really bad news. I used Squirrel Mail for a while, but I did not like to have PHP installed on my server only to have a web mail service.

Please re-think that decision.

Best wishes
Michael

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 15 July 2018 at 1:54am | IP Logged Quote Alex

We have no resources to develop .NET version on our own but it would be possible in terms of sponsored development. If you're interested, please contact us via Helpdesk to discuss this in more detail.

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

Maikl

Posted: 15 July 2018 at 2:07am | IP Logged Quote Maikl

Alex,

thanks for the answer. Why not releasing the .Net version on GitHub (as you already did with the PHP Version)? I am sure that you will find people from the community who will improve it, and your commercial product could benefit from that step as well.

Best wishes
Michael

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 16 July 2018 at 1:33am | IP Logged Quote Alex

Hi,

Too many roadblocks to this. Just to name a few:
- Unlike PHP version, ASP.NET Lite version is not open-source as it included some closed-source components. Actually, this is the most important one.
- Commercial version won't benefit at all because it uses different codebase, they don't share the common codebase like it's done for PHP version.
- No outsiders actually tend to participate in development (we've seen this in PHP version which's been on Github from the start), so Github acts just as a place to take the sources from. But people can get the sources from our web site anyway.

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version