Search The ForumSearch   RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

AfterLogic WebMail Pro

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Pro
Subject Topic: Syncing contacts and calendars not workin Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
schwim
Valued Community Member
Valued Community Member

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 24 November 2017 at 7:44am | IP Logged Quote schwim

Hi there everyone!

I have just installed the latest version of WMP from the website and installed both apps from the Google Play store onto my phone.

I'm not getting an error of any kind when hitting the refresh button at the bottom right in the app on my phone but the phone's contact and calendar data is not showing in WMP.

It's important to note that files, contacts and calendar data DOES show up from the application to the phone's calendar and contact apps when I refresh the app, it's just not going in the other direction(from phone's data to WMP).

While reading the documentation, I saw this:

http://yourhost.com/dav/server.php/ (note that trailing slash is mandatory)

and noticed that my install did not have the trailing slash, so I added it and tried refreshing again but the cal and contact data still is not showing up in WMP from my phone.

Am I mistaken in how the application is supposed to work? Should it only sync from the webmail script to the phone or should it be syncing in both directions?

Thanks very much for your time!
Back to Top View schwim's Profile Search for other posts by schwim

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 24 November 2017 at 8:13am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Hello,

First of all, is this actually about Aurora Files and Aurora Contacts & Calendars?

In case of those apps, you don't need to enter DAV URL, it should be primary URL of the installation, the same one you enter in your desktop browser. You would need DAV URL for CalDAV/CardDAV clients, but not for these applications.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

schwim
Valued Community Member
Valued Community Member

Posted: 24 November 2017 at 8:13am | IP Logged Quote schwim

Hi there, and thanks for the help!

It seems I put the topic in the wrong forum, very sorry!

I think I may just misunderstand how the contact and calendar app should work. Should the phone data move to the webmail app in my site, or should I expect only contacts and calendar data to move from the web script to the phone?

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 24 November 2017 at 8:28am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
It seems I put the topic in the wrong forum, very sorry!

No, it's perfectly okay, despite there's "Aurora" word in mobile apps' names, those same apps can be used with WebMail Pro just fine.

Quote:
I think I may just misunderstand how the contact and calendar app should work. Should the phone data move to the webmail app in my site, or should I expect only contacts and calendar data to move from the web script to the phone?

It definitely should be two-way.

I just did a quick check and I think I have reproduced the problem you described. Early next week, I'll talk with the developers about it. Will keep you posted. Thank you.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support

schwim
Valued Community Member
Valued Community Member

Posted: 29 November 2017 at 5:33pm | IP Logged Quote schwim

Hi there Igor,

Do you know if I would mess up the syncing of my contacts and calendar if I imported my data into wmp now and then syncing began working later after the app is fixed?

I just don't want to mess my data up, for instance duplicates of everything. If it would be better, I'll just wait for the app to start syncing.

Thanks!

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 29 November 2017 at 11:50pm | IP Logged Quote Igor

No I don't think it would be a problem, but can't guarantee it either. The way the application works now is definitely a bug and once it's fixed, the sync should run two-way as expected.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support

schwim
Valued Community Member
Valued Community Member

Posted: 03 December 2017 at 5:58am | IP Logged Quote schwim

I'm popping this back up because I'm having a problem connecting to the account in both the Aurora files and contacts & calendars apps. I'm testing with both a working 7 and 8 Beta webmail install.

If I enter the path to my 7 install, the app connects successfully. If, however, I enter the path to my 8 beta install, I get "connection to server failed".

To make sure I'm not getting any of the info wrong, I copied and pasted the URL into the browser and got to the webmail app, and I entered the username and pass into the cPanel roundcube install and successfully logged into the mail account.

"Enable corporate storage" is checked in the admin panel.

Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 04 December 2017 at 1:38am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Actually I've reproduced the problem, so it's not you My guess is, something was changed in the product code and the change isn't reflected in mobile app. And since our resources are bit limited, mobile apps aren't currently our priority - but, we'll have that investigated of course.

--
Regards,
Igor, Afterlogic Support

schwim
Valued Community Member
Valued Community Member

Posted: 04 December 2017 at 5:34am | IP Logged Quote schwim

I understand why it would have to be prioritized. Personally, I'll miss it until someone gets a chance to update it. I'll keep the apps installed to watch for updates then I'll give it another shot when they are and will update the topic with my results.

Thanks!
Jason

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version