Subject Topic: Cant delete + sent folder problems Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
DubaiPT

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 11 September 2017 at 5:37am | IP Logged Quote DubaiPT

Dear Afterlogic,

I have recently faced a new problem with one of the email accounts:

I can log into my email using, I can send and receive, but I can't delete any email. When I press on the delete icon, nothing happens. Furthermore, when I send an email, it gets sent successfully but I don't see it in the Sent folder.

Please help

I'm using Afterlogic WebMail Pro 7.1.1.3
Back to Top View DubaiPT's Profile Search for other posts by DubaiPT

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 11 September 2017 at 5:43am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Quote:
I can log into my email using, I can send and receive, but I can't delete any email. When I press on the delete icon, nothing happens. Furthermore, when I send an email, it gets sent successfully but I don't see it in the Sent folder.

To find out what's causing issues, you need to enable logging in AdminPanel, make sure log verbosity is set to Debug, reproduce the problem and check the logs. Most likely, you'll see error messages returned by IMAP server.

Quote:
I'm using Afterlogic WebMail Pro 7.1.1.3

That's quite an old one, switching to current 7.7.* is recommended. I don't mean you should upgrade your installation, but rather, install the new version next to existing one and see if it performs better for you.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

DubaiPT

Posted: 11 September 2017 at 2:12pm | IP Logged Quote DubaiPT

Igor,

Ok first I logged in, then I selected a message and pressed on the delete icon and nothing happened, so I referred to the logs and I copy this part:

[21:01:03.23] IMAP[DATA]: > TAG2 EXAMINE "INBOX"\r\n

[21:01:03.23] IMAP[DATA]: < * FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft $Forwarded)\r\n

[21:01:03.23] IMAP[DATA]: < * OK [PERMANENTFLAGS ()] Read-only mailbox.\r\n

[21:01:03.23] IMAP[DATA]: < * 571 EXISTS\r\n

[21:01:03.23] IMAP[DATA]: < * 0 RECENT\r\n

[21:01:03.24] IMAP[DATA]: < * OK [UIDVALIDITY 1485350081] UIDs valid\r\n

[21:01:03.24] IMAP[DATA]: < * OK [UIDNEXT 600] Predicted next UID\r\n

[21:01:03.24] IMAP[DATA]: < * OK [HIGHESTMODSEQ 1224] Highest\r\n

[21:01:03.24] IMAP[DATA]: < TAG2 OK [READ-ONLY] Examine completed (0.000 + 0.000 secs).\r\n

[21:01:03.24] IMAP[DATA]: > TAG3 UID FETCH 189 (UID BODYSTRUCTURE)\r\n

[21:01:03.24] IMAP[DATA]: < * 186 FETCH (UID 189 BODYSTRUCTURE (("text" "plain" ("charset" "utf-8") NIL NIL "Quoted-Printable" 1866 25 NIL NIL NIL NIL)("text" "html" ("charset" "utf-8") NIL NIL "Quoted-Printable" 17546 232 NIL NIL NIL NIL) "alternative" ("boundary" "----=_Part_130_861871758.1496644743") NIL NIL NIL))\r\n

[21:01:03.24] IMAP[DATA]: < TAG3 OK Fetch completed (0.001 + 0.000 secs).\r\n

[21:01:03.24] IMAP[DATA]: > TAG4 UID FETCH 189 (UID RFC822.SIZE INTERNALDATE FLAGS BODY.PEEK[HEADER] BODY.PEEK[2])\r\n

[21:01:03.26] IMAP[DATA]: < * 186 FETCH (UID 189 RFC822.SIZE 20866 INTERNALDATE "05-Jun-2017 01:39:03 -0500" FLAGS (\Seen) BODY[HEADER] {1150}\r\n

[21:01:03.26] IMAP[DATA]: < BODY[2] {17546}\r\n

[21:01:03.26] IMAP[DATA]: < )\r\n

What caught my attention is this line:

I can manually move the message from inbox to the trash using the move option. However, when I press on the trash icon to delete the message, nothing happens at all. And plus as I said before, I can send an email to someone, but that message does not go to the Sent folder too.

One last observation is that When I go to the Trash folder, I don't see the "Empty Trash" icon. When I log into a different e-mail account on the same server and go to the Trash folder, I can see the "Empty Trash" icon. I think there is something wrong with this e-mail account in particular.

Please note that I have other email accounts on the same server using the same afterlogic webmail client and I have no problems with them. I only have a problem with this particular e-mail account.

Does that have anything to do with the problem?

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 12 September 2017 at 2:15am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Code:

Most likely, that would mean the specific folder of that account is set to read-only mode. You can't do that kind of settings in WebMail so it's probably something on mailserver level, I'd suggest to check that with whoever provides you with email service.

Code:
One last observation is that When I go to the Trash folder, I don't see the "Empty Trash" icon.

If you go to Manage Folders screen, and select "Setup special folders" tool, do you have Trash folder mapped to one of the actual IMAP folders?

Code:
And plus as I said before, I can send an email to someone, but that message does not go to the Sent folder too.

Same as above, make sure Sent folder has its system purpose assigned on "Setup special folders" screen.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

DubaiPT

Posted: 12 September 2017 at 2:36pm | IP Logged Quote DubaiPT

Igor wrote:
Code:

Most likely, that would mean the specific folder of that account is set to read-only mode. You can't do that kind of settings in WebMail so it's probably something on mailserver level, I'd suggest to check that with whoever provides you with email service.

Code:
One last observation is that When I go to the Trash folder, I don't see the "Empty Trash" icon.

If you go to Manage Folders screen, and select "Setup special folders" tool, do you have Trash folder mapped to one of the actual IMAP folders?

Code:
And plus as I said before, I can send an email to someone, but that message does not go to the Sent folder too.

Same as above, make sure Sent folder has its system purpose assigned on "Setup special folders" screen.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support

This solved my problem. Excellent support, thank you.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version