AfterLogic WebMail Lite 7

AfterLogic Forum : AfterLogic WebMail Lite 7
Subject Topic: BUG : Outgoing Mail Server Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
marke

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 28 October 2016 at 10:26am | IP Logged Quote marke

There appears to be a bug related to the outbound mail server settings.

When I first installed the software on my localhost on Linux for testing I set the outbound mailserver to 127.0.0.1 and port 25. Then after attempting to login a few times and couldn't, I thought well maybe it's due to my SMTP/POP config, there's no IMAP installed. So I then changed the inbound and outbound mail server settings to a live mail system on the net where I have a SMTP/POP/IMAP account. That worked, I could login to the web mail client.

But, for some reason I could not send email. So I looked at the debug log, I saw that the send attempt was still trying to send via localhost and not the actual server I had set in the admin settings. I reset and resaved that setting many times, still no change - the mail client was still trying to send via localhost.

Then I looked in the database table "me_awm_accounts" and saw that it had an outbound mail server set to 127.0.0.1 on port 25. I edited that record manually and set to my actual live account mail server, port 465, SSL turned on, and tried sending mail again. Still wouldn't send.

Then I decided to remove the account entirely using the "Remove Account" link on the web mail client Common settings, then logged into web mail again. That worked, then I could send mail.

There's no way for different identities to use different outbound mail servers, which is a big drawback. And apparently there's some sort of bug where the global SMTP server setting is not propagated into individual user outbound mail settings in the "me_awm_accounts" table.

Back to Top View marke's Profile Search for other posts by marke

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 28 October 2016 at 5:43pm | IP Logged Quote Igor

If you change default settings for IMAP and SMTP access, those will not affect existing accounts, that's by-design behavior and not a bug. The product allows for supplying arbitrary mail server settings in each account individually, and if you need settings to be changed for existing account(s), you need to do that in account settings area. Removing and recreating account is an option as well, of course.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

marke

Posted: 28 October 2016 at 7:45pm | IP Logged Quote marke

Ok thanks. So how do I provide credentials for SMTP auth? Your software assumes that SMTP server is on the same domain, in my case I use a 3rd party delivery service simply for reliable reasons. Many people do, services such as SendGrid, Mandrill, Postmark, etc. Each requires auth. For example in Thunderbird I can turn on auth and select to use the account credentials or provide different credentialls. Not possible in your Webmail?
Back to Top View marke's Profile Search for other posts by marke

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 29 October 2016 at 4:48am | IP Logged Quote Igor

Not possible for a single account, indeed. But under Default Settings in AdminPanel, you can set "SMTP Authentication" to "Use specified login / password". That way, all the accounts on the installation can use some email relay with specific login/password supplied.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version