Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
rishi_somshetti
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 28 March 2009 at 11:29pm | IP Logged Quote rishi_somshetti

Hi all,

We are using Mailbee .net object and MMQ for sending bulk mails. One of our windows service is create eml files using mailbee .net object and send to pick up folder of MMQ.

We have observed that if we keep mmq service stop mode then our service performance is very high e.g. sending 1,00,000 eml files in hour to peek up folder but if we keep mmq service in start mode then we are getting performance is very low. We can’t wait till all mails come is queue folder and then start the mmq service.

Pls suggest what we can do to keep both services in start mode and achieve higher performance.
What cause is affecting the performance?

Regards
Santosh
Back to Top View rishi_somshetti's Profile Search for other posts by rishi_somshetti

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 30 March 2009 at 5:49am | IP Logged Quote Igor

There are several parameteres under Timing tab of MMQ Control Panel, they limit both message sending rate and the frequency of retrieving messages from pickup folder. Did you try altering those values, e.g. setting Polling Interval to any bigger value, say 60 sec? What values you currently have set there?

Please also let us know in which way exactly you experience lack of performance. Do you have issues with CPU usage, RAM consumption or disk activity? Is it MMQ or your application that appears to use too many resources?

Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

rishi_somshetti
Groupie
Groupie

Posted: 15 April 2009 at 4:14am | IP Logged Quote rishi_somshetti

I have following settings in my Timming tab

Polling interval - 9
Send per sec - 90
Send per session - 30
Timeout - 30
Max num thread - 40

We want to send 2,00,000 mails in 1/2 hour.

if I keep mmq service stop then my service generate 2,00,000 eml files and send to queue folder in hour but if I keep mmq service start mode then my service (generating eml files) performance is very slow like 30,000 files in hour.

What is ideal setting for Timing tab for bulk mailing?

Regards
Santosh
Back to Top View rishi_somshetti's Profile Search for other posts by rishi_somshetti

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 15 April 2009 at 6:37am | IP Logged Quote Igor

In order to help you on this, we still need answers to the following questions:

Quote:
Did you try altering those values, e.g. setting Polling Interval to any bigger value, say 60 sec?

Quote:
Do you have issues with CPU usage, RAM consumption or disk activity? Is it MMQ or your application that appears to use too many resources?

There are no "ideal" settings as MMQ behavior depends on number of messages to be sent, server capabilities, MMQ service load and so on. Anyway, the first thing we suggest to do is to play with Timing settings, starting from Polling Interval.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version