MailBee Message Queue

AfterLogic Forum : MailBee Message Queue
Subject Topic: Error stop all mails sending Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
noamway

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 24 May 2007 at 10:37pm | IP Logged Quote noamway

I'm using the "MailBee Message Queue" and after I make sending I'm getting an error in the log file:
------------------------------------------------------------ -
05:28:49 of thread #f10. ERROR - Recipient memory@ahava.org.il is not accepted
05:28:49 of thread #f10. Server reports: [550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local]
05:28:49 of thread #f10. ERROR - The message has not been sent because server rejected it for some reason
------------------------------------------------------------ -
This error appear after some mail as been send according to the log file.

So I have some questions about this:
1. If I'm getting this error does all the other emails before the error as been sent?
2. How can I set that if there is an error the system move on and not stop?
3. How can I check my emails list before the sending, so I don't get any error?
Back to Top View noamway's Profile Search for other posts by noamway

Andrew
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 25 May 2007 at 3:47am | IP Logged Quote Andrew

Usually, mailservers return such error (for security reasons) when non-authenticated e-mail client tries to send a message to external domain. However, if your application has not authenticated on the SMTP server and sends messages to recipients in internal domain, the server will not reject the messages. So, please try to enable SMTP authentication in MailBee Message Queue Control Panel / SMTP / Authentication.

Best regards,
Andrew
Back to Top View Andrew's Profile Search for other posts by Andrew

noamway

Posted: 25 May 2007 at 1:42pm | IP Logged Quote noamway

Hello Andrew,

I'm sorry but I don't understand your answer.
I try again; when I send 1000 messages from my system, I see in the log file that you send 500 messages and then stop because one of the message (the error I send you).
The "Control Panel / SMTP / Authentication" is set OK in my system and because of that you sent the 500 first messages.

I again like to know this questions:
1. If I'm getting this error does all the other emails before the error as been sent?
2. Why one error stop all the sends?
3. How can I check my emails list before the sending, so I don't get any error?

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 25 May 2007 at 2:48pm | IP Logged Quote Alex

Quote:
If I'm getting this error does all the other emails before the error as been sent?

This error should not stop processing messages. Message with such error is simply renamed to another extension or deleted (depending on what's specified on Problems tab in MMQ Control Panel).
Quote:
Why one error stop all the sends?

I don't think this error may prevent subsequent messages from being sent. At least there is no indication of this in the log section you provided in the original posting.

Quote:
How can I check my emails list before the sending, so I don't get any error?

It's impossible. Nobody can predict the future. Even if you already sent certain mail, there is absolutely no guarantee another attempt to send the same message succeeds.

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

noamway

Posted: 25 May 2007 at 3:55pm | IP Logged Quote noamway

Hello Alex,

This error stop the sending, here is the log again:
Code:

05:28:47 of thread #f10. Sending RCPT TO command
05:28:48 of thread #f10. Sending RCPT TO command
05:28:49 of thread #f10. ERROR - Recipient memory@ahava.org.il is not accepted
05:28:49 of thread #f10. Server reports: [550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local]
05:28:49 of thread #f10. ERROR - The message has not been sent because server rejected it for some reason
05:28:49 of thread #f10. Renaming the problem message into D:\MMQ Files\00000005.mbu
05:28:49 of thread #f10. No more messages
05:28:49 of thread #f10. Disconnecting from server...
05:28:49 of thread #f10. Disconnected from server

In the log you can see that there is emails that already sent but when the error appear it's stop the sending.
(I check and the message not send a lot of emails).

I need a solution here or I will need to cancel this purchase, it's seem that I can't trust the object sent the all 1000 emails, he can stop every second.

Alex
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 26 May 2007 at 8:19am | IP Logged Quote Alex

From the log, it seems no messages left for sending after the problem message. Do you mean that after the error occurs, some messages (they will have .MBM extension) are still present in MMQ folder?

From what I see in the log, everything is correct: the problem message gets renamed from .MBM to .MBU, and MMQ continues the process. It then finds that no messages left and gracefully closes the current session.

Maybe, you're sending not 1000 mails but 1 mail having 1000 recipients? This is completely different case. From what I see in the log, it seems to be true. There are lots of RCPT TO commands (which indicate submissions of recipients) within a single e-mail submission. Of course, if any recipient within a single e-mail fails to be submitted to the server, the entire message is cancelled. You can see the same behaviour in any mail client (for instance, Outlook). If any of the recipients was declined, such mail won't be sent.

I underline that there is no error in such behaviour, it's absolutely correct and by design.

If you want to send mail separately for each recipient, just call SMTP.SendToQueue for each recipient so that a single e-mail would be produced for a single recipient. This is anyway more correct because most mail servers limit number of recipients per message and you may encounter delivery problems (or even get blacklisted by some mail servers) if your mails have too large number of recipients.

Regards,
Alex
Back to Top View Alex's Profile Search for other posts by Alex

noamway

Posted: 26 May 2007 at 2:00pm | IP Logged Quote noamway

Thanks Alex,

Your answer is great!!!

very good explain and very good products too.

ravikumarmp

Posted: 15 March 2010 at 11:40pm | IP Logged Quote ravikumarmp

Hi,

You have mentioned this in this post.

"This is anyway more correct because most mail servers limit number of recipients per message and you may encounter delivery problems (or even get blacklisted by some mail servers) if your mails have too large number of recipients. "

for this issue whats your suggestions. I want to send mails more than 30,000 users.

Back to Top View ravikumarmp's Profile Search for other posts by ravikumarmp

Igor
AfterLogic Support
AfterLogic Support

Posted: 16 March 2010 at 1:15am | IP Logged Quote Igor

The quote you mentioned refers to the case when the single email message holds multiple recipients. Standard case of using MailBee Message Queue assumes that each email messages submitted is for one recipient only. And in such case, you shouldn't worry about that.

--
Regards,
Igor, AfterLogic Support
Back to Top View Igor's Profile Search for other posts by Igor

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version